Information we collect
- Information you give us: For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name and email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services: We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video on AIR.TV, visit a website that uses our player, or view and interact with our ads, recommendations and content. This information includes:
- Device information: We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information). AIR.TV may associate your device identifiers with your AIR.TV Account.
- Log information: When you use our services or view content provided by AIR.TV, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service
- Internet Protocol Address
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your AIR.TV Account.
- Location information: When you use AIR.TV, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide AIR.TV with information on nearby devices, wi-fi access points and cell towers.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies: We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit AIR.TV or a website that displays an AIR.TV Player, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as video publishing, advertising or recommendations that may appear on other sites.
- Information we collect when you are signed in to AIR.TV, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your AIR.TV Account. When information is associated with your AIR.TV Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect AIR.TV and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant video recommendations and ads.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of AIR.TV unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AIR.TV when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AIR.TV if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AIR.TV, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally-identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect AIR.TV and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to AIR.TV employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities